When registering for classes at the Armory Art Center, students acknowledge the understanding of and agree to the following policies.
ART STUDIO STAFETY RULES
- All students must abide by posted departmental rules and must dress appropriately while attending class and working in the studio.
- The Armory will post such requirements in each studio and may include rules requiring students to wear close-toed shoes and safety masks or goggles, etc.
- The Armory does not provide all safety gear. Please contact department directors, or look for the posted studio rules in each area for further safety information to assure a positive and safe experience at the Armory Art Center.
CANCELED OR MISSED CLASSES
- There are no make-up classes due to student illness, travel, or other reasons that are not the responsibility of the Armory Art Center.
- Students enrolled in courses that are canceled by the Armory due to lack of enrollment or instructor illness will receive a full refund.
- The Armory will not assume liability for injuries that occur within the subject area where the student is enrolled.
- Upon registration for any course, the student assumes all reasonable liability from injuries related to the scope of the coursework being taught and releases the Armory Art Center from any liability claims related to any injuries and/or accidents that may occur.
- The Armory assures its students that the Center takes every reasonable safety precaution.
- The Armory Art Center is not responsible for any artwork or personal items lost or stolen in the classrooms or lockers.
- Members help to support the Armory Art Center.
- Your membership is part of a vital contribution that helps the Armory better serve our students and community throughout the year.
- We will make every effort to notify students of cancellations at least 24 hours before the first class.
- The Armory reserves the right to substitute instructors for any of its classes at any time.
PER DIEM ENROLLMENT
- Per diem registration for eligible classes begins the initial week of classes.
- The purchase of any per diem classes (in any number) are not refundable.
- You may not register for youth prep classes on a per diem basis.
- Virtual classes will open for per diem registration after the first class has occurred; student must be enrolled 24 hours prior to the desired class day.
- May register for 1 class or several.
- Classes that have reached maximum capacity are not eligible for per diem registration.
- Students must cancel a minimum of 1 full business day prior to the start of the first class.
- A non-refundable registration fee equal to 10% of the course tuition will be deducted from the refund.
- Students who withdraw from a class less than one full business day prior to its start will not receive a refund.
- The Armory Art Center will not issue refunds due to a student’s failure to attend class.
- The purchase of per diem classes (in any number) is not refundable.
- In order to maintain the quality of instruction, the Armory has changed its transfer policies.
- Students who wish to transfer from one course to another in the same session may do so prior to the second meeting of the course and only if space is available in class.
- If you do not attend a class, the Armory must still pay the teacher; therefore, classes paid for but not attended are not eligible for transfer or refund.
- The Armory addresses issues on a case-by-case basis.
YOUTH CLASSES, CAMPS, AND WORKSHOPS
- Registrants in any youth class must meet the age requirements specified in the class description.
- Parents wishing to withdraw their child from any youth art camps may do so at least 1 week prior to the start of their week and receive a full refund minus a 10% registration fee per child per week.
- The Armory will not offer refunds after that period
- Tuition Assistance is available to qualifying youth students, based on their financial needs.
- The Armory may give assistance to the same student only after 12 months of their last class at the Armory.
- The Armory Art Center school admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
- It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school-administered programs.
- The Armory Art Center reserves the right to photograph classes and events for use in marketing and public relations efforts on behalf of the Armory.
- Parents: By signing your child up for a class, you consent to the photography disclosure and understand that the Armory may use your child’s photo in marketing and other related media.
We ask everyone to be considerate of personal space and continue to sanitize their hands regularly to minimize the spread of germs. Attending classes at the Armory Art Center is a voluntary act and by attending one assumes all risks. We rely on our community to respect our guidelines for the safety of everyone at the Armory Art Center. We appreciate your cooperation and continued support. Thank you.
OPEN STUDIO RENTALS
The purchase of additional open studio time is only applicable to those already enrolled in a course for the current session, due to current social distancing procedures and our resulting limited enrollment.