Official Statement of Health Precautions Related to COVID-19
The Armory continues to follow CDC recommendations.
Due to the recent surge in the COVID Delta variant, face coverings will be required on campus for all, regardless of vaccination status.
- We ask that everyone continues to follow rules of social distancing (6 ft) and prevent gathering in groups when possible. These policies apply, but are not limited to, classes and studios, galleries, common areas, and events such as exhibition receptions.
- Please also wear your mask when traveling between locations and when using the restroom.
- Wash/sanitize your hands to minimize the spread of germs.
- Departments will list specific protocols to be followed as directed.
Attending classes at the Armory Art Center is a completely voluntarily act and by attending one assumes all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. All registrants are expected to comply with our health and safety procedures.
All individuals who are not fully vaccinated must stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days if they:
- recently traveled internationally
- were exposed to a person with COVID-19
- do not feel well or are symptomatic (fever, chills, fatigue, cough, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, diarrhea, loss of smell or taste)
Those individuals may return after at 7 days if they have tested negative for COVID-19.
During the class/session I register for, if I become sick or test positive for COVID-19, I will alert the Chief Executive Officer (Tom Pearson) and remove myself from the Armory immediately after providing a list of all Armory individuals that I have been in contact with in the recent past. The Chief Executive Officer of the Armory has the right to restrict any employee or student’s attendance at the Armory if tested positive for COVID-19, if infection is suspected, or contact with an infected person is suspected. Upon notification of a current infected COVID-19 student or employee, a notice will be given to employees and students recommended to be tested.
We rely on our community to respect our guidelines for the benefit and safety of everyone at the Armory Art Center. We appreciate your cooperation and continued support.
We are proud to announce that our Facilities Manager has passed the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) certification program. We will be implementing their criteria on campus to ensure a safe environment for all.