Official Statement of Health Precautions Related to COVID-19
Click here to fill out the waiver for on-campus classes.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, faculty, and staff members. All instructions must be followed.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
Attending classes at the Armory Art Center is a completely voluntarily act and by attending one assumes all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Please abide by all instructions to keep each other healthy and safe.
- Maintain a minimum 6 feet between people
- Thermal temperature checks are mandatory each day
- Facial coverings (masks) are to be worn at all times except when there is a functional (practical) reason for the covering not to be worn
- Facial coverings (masks) should be cloth/fabric and cover an individual’s nose, mouth, and chin
- Regular hand washing is required
- Sharing of work materials is not recommended, and shared items must be cleaned between their use
- Congregating in groups is prohibited
- Seating distance of a minimum of 6 feet or more is to be maintained
- To accommodate the required six feet of social distancing, enrollment in each class will be reduced
- Only use specified entrances, exits, and traffic patterns
- Only two individuals in a restroom at a time
- Water fountains will be disabled; students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles
- Individuals must stay home and self-quarantine for 14 days if they:
- recently traveled by airplane
- were exposed to an infected person
- do not feel well or are symptomatic (fever, chills, fatigue, cough, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, diarrhea, loss of smell or taste)
- May return after at 10 days if asymptomatic or have tested negative for COVID-19
Anyone not adhering to these guidelines will be required to leave the Armory premises
During the class/session I register for, if I become sick or test positive for COVID-19, I will alert the Executive Director and remove myself from the Armory immediately after providing a list of all Armory individuals that I have been in contact with in the recent past.
The Executive Director of the Armory has the right to restrict any employee or student’s attendance at the Armory if tested positive for COVID-19, if infection is suspected, or contact with an infected person is suspected. Upon notification of a current infected COVID-19 student or employee, a notice will be given to employees and students recommended to be tested.
We are proud to announce that our Facilities Manager has passed the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) certification program. We will be implementing their criteria on campus to ensure a safe environment for all.